My close, personal friend and world famous author, the ever-fabulous Michael Thomas Ford, has started something on the Between the Worlds Facebook group. He asked for volunteers to be grouped up together. My group got all of their goals for the next year in last week, but because I suck at timeliness, mine came in today.
1) Lose 25 pounds before BTW. This is going to lead into subgoals of:
- Start walking at least twice a week, for a minimum of 10 miles per week.
- Make smarter food choices. Learn what that means and how to do that.
2) Live my spirituality. Again, subgoals of:
- Studying (Lord and Lady, but I hate reading non-fiction books)
- Write at least one new ritual.
- Write an article for publication, either online or in print.
- Rewrite the JaguarMoon rituals for continuity
3) Start a podcast. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for a couple of years. Time to do it. And along with that goes…
4) Blog more. I’ve got a damn high writing skill; I just need to get my shit together and get more motivation to start writing more. Minimum of once a week.
What does this mean? Well, I’m most likely going to be blogging my weekly check-in sessions, because that will at least get me writing, right? I’ll be able to post progress on my ritual and on my article (though the JMC rituals will only be accessible to coven members). I’ll also be posting my weigh-ins (because that will be fun for me) and probably distances. At some point in the next year, I’d like to get back into running, but I don’t want to set that goal and not be able to achieve it.
Anyone who knows me will notice the lack of anything knitting related on this list. Knitting goals are meaningless for me, simply because I will always knit. There are a few projects to finish and get sent out, but they’ll get done and get sent out. I’m not afraid of that. I don’t have to push myself to do that.
What I’ve got, though, I can set my mind and energies to. Here’s to a good year.